It’s been quite a while since the fashion show for this fall/winter season has been held. What happened in the meantime to the latest bag trends? Well,
Still on track!
I find it so mesmerizing how it is truly possible to set trends about a year before and the year after it just works out… So which trends could be found in the fashion shows (and in this post) and are still on track to become a trend this fall/winter.
- The box bag: the cute little (lunch) box looking bag with quite some structure is available by the bigger names in fashion. But also the retail fashion brands are implementing them in their collection. Which one would you choose? This leather one beauty or are you still a fan of the basket trend? I personally love this trends since it could contain so much craftsmanship! A true inspiration and challenge at the same time.
- Belt-bag: I called in in the previous the not-so-handy trend but the neck bag seems to have been banished since there was only room for the belt bag. Well, you can use this trend for all the other lovely bag trends, such as the bucket bag on a belt, the circle bag on a belt, you name it!
Over time new trends emerge, not only from the catwalks but nowadays more and more from social media. A few new trends for the
- The fluffy bag: fall or winter, who doesn’t love a good fluffy sweater, fluffy coat (!!) but let’s make the look complete with the fluffy bags!
- Top handle bag: a single handle to carry your lovely bag. Bucket bags are great but if you want to hold in in your hand you want some sort of handle on the top ;)!
- Animal print: we’ve seen it for quite some seasons already but the leopard and python prints are still hot hot hot this fall/winter!
So if I make one bag, a true homerun bag, would it be a box bag on a belt, with the perfect combination of fluffy parts and animal print, that could also be carried with a top handle? Well, that sounds like quite a challenge haha. Well, why not? (or should I stick to some of the trends instead of all of them?) Let’s get our sketchbooks out and start on our final fall designs ;)!